Tramontin Tile was started in 1957 by Paul Tramontin, Sr. Paul came to this country from Italy in 1925 and started work as a tile mason in Ann Arbor. After working for several contractors, he started his own business in 1957 on Daniel Street. As his business grew he moved to a larger shop on Felch Street.
In 1980 Paul Tramontin, Jr. took over the tile business from his father and continued the tradition of excellence. In 1987 Paul Jr. moved the shop to it's current location on Hiscock Street.
In 2012 Paul Jr. turned the business over to his daughter, Kitt and her husband Mike.
Throughout Ann Arbor and neigboring communities you will see the fine work of the Tramontin craftmen in such places as:
- Knights Restaurant
- Landau Homes
- Barton Hills
- Ann Arbor Hills
- Walnut Ridge
- University of Michigan
- St. Thomas Church
- St. Francis Church
- Downtown Ann Arbor storefronts such as Bivouac
- Nickels Arcade Ann Arbor
- Kilwin's Chocolate Shoppe Ann Arbor
- The Common Grill